Check out the new free shipbuilding system!
What is "Improving a Ship"?
Improving ship means altering property of a ship by adding an option skill to a ship or through an improvement.
How do I improve my ship?
1. Have your ship, Ducats and Ship materials. ready for improvement.
2. Click the [Build Original Ship] or [Special Shipbuilding] Icon on the Shipyard Master menu.
3. Improve the ship by consuming material or Ducat and wait for the shipbuilding period to
Requirements for improving ship
1.Ship materials: Large gaff sail + Antifouling paint
2.Ship improvement fee: 712,500 Ducat
3.Special shipbuilding permit: 3 copies
※ Quantity of special shipbuilding permit required may differ depending on the number of improvements
※ To avoid penalty for changing capacity, make sure to make changes appropriately.
Also your shipbuilding rank may affect capacity and penalty.
You must be on voyage or at sea for the duration required during improving or shipbuilding.
What are the requirements for improving ship?
1. Special Shipbuilding Permit or Original Ship Permit
2. Ship materials for improving ship's options or traits (e.g. Antifouling paint, Large gaff sail and etc)
3. Ducat for improving ship
※ Amount of special shipbuilding permit, Original Ship Permit and Ducat may vary depending on the kind of ship.
TIP on improving ship!
1. Each ship requires different shipbuilding rank for improving.
※ Improving ship allows improvement of +5 ranks more than required rank.
2. Shipbuilding Rank required for improving ship may be applied to higher rank by booster item,
aide skill and sharing shipbuilding skill with other fleet member.
※ Sharing shipbuilding skill with other fleet member can be applied to improving ship only, and not to shipbuilding.
|Shipbuilding Skill Booster|
|A saw commonly used by shipwrights. Very useful when
|Secrets of Shipbuilding||Shipbuilding[+1]||Book on the secrets of shipbuilding.|
|Aides with Shipbuilding Skill|
|Aide name||Employed by||Requirements for activating aide's shipbuilding skill|
|Igor||Venice||(Adventure)10(Trade)10(Battle)21 (Surgeon's Aptitude)55|
|Chester||Zanzabar||(Adventure)13(Trade)16(Battle)30 (Surgeon's Aptitude)65|
|Valerie||Marseilles, Lisbon||(Adventure)20(Trade)28(Battle)42 (Surgeon's Aptitude)75|
|Victor||Seville||(Adventure)25(Trade)25(Battle)41 (Surgeon's Aptitude)85|
|Nazario||Rio de Janeiro||(Adventure)25(Trade)28(Battle)40 (Surgeon's Aptitude)80|
|Maengmaeng||Hangzhou||(Adventure)20(Trade)20(Battle)30 (Surgeon's Aptitude)55|
3. Maximum number of improvement differ per ship
※ Original Ship Skills is not counted as an improvement
4. Effects from traits of improved ship will gradually increase as Ship Handling Proficiency goes up.
※ Ship Handling Proficiency will be reset to 0 if transferred as result of transactions at a personal shop or
between characters. Moving ship via shared storage does not reset Ship Handling Proficiency. Ships with an
aide may obtain Ship Handling Proficiency.
5. Current development and investment of a city may affect feasibility of improvement
Cautions to take for improving ship
1. Ship option skill can only be equipped when designated ship materials is used.
e.g. Trading Clipper's Emergency acceleration: Large gaff sail + Antifouling paint
If there is a ship option skill that you want to equip, find out required ship materials for the skill.
2.Option skills differ per ship, so make sure to find what you can equip on your ship
3.Special shipbuilding and building original ship can allow the same skill option.
But their effects will not be doubled.